I am a motivated and driven software engineer with years of experience
in full stack development and team collaboration. I am a technologist who chases new technology to better solve today's tough challenges.
Skills: webpack, grunt, gulp, npm, yarn, webrtc, web
performance, babel, bower, nodejs, reactjs, vuejs, angular, react
native, sass, less, postcss, serverless, expressjs, typescript, es6, es7, html,
css, indexdb, mongodb, sql, mysql, aws
Sr. Frontend Engineer @ Amazon Care
2021 - Present
My role as the Video Care Experience Lead and Senior Frontend Engineer is to build robust customer-centric experiences, create native-feeling web applications, measure/quantify and generally improve overall experiences for our customers in the browser. I actively seek out difficult and ambiguous problems and work across teams to deliver solutions that aid in better customer experience and engineering outcomes.
- Foundational team member to Amazon Care’s early prototype and MVP
- Designed and implemented scalable stats ingestion engine to consume over a million video quality data points per month
- Core contributor to primary clinician tool used in for customer visit documentation, and video and chat customer experiences
- Defined, designed, and lead implementation of core video features across web, iOS, and Android applications serving the core feature of Amazon care for >2 years
- Developed tool for simplified workflows in triaging video quality issues adopted by 100% of video-focused web, iOS, and android teams cutting ticket triage and resolution of video quality issues by 90%
- Created and lead the Amazon Care Web Guild to tackle pain points and improvements to developing software at scale across all Amazon Care Web based applications
- Mentored engineers across Amazon Care, Amazon Explore, AWS S3, AWS Networking, and other various AWS teams
- Joined Amazon Explore project for 6 weeks to assist and resolve audio/video issues from 30% to <5% before public launch
- Designed development standards, workflows, and proof of concept for Amazon Care clinical portal
- Proposed and delivered camera/microphone testing feature to assist clinical team in testing and troubleshooting media device issues to drive media related tickets by <95%
- Lead the design, security review, and implementation of Amazon Care’s first customer facing web application to handle heavy segment of customer enrollment
- Assisted in prototyping and developing new Video Architecture, earning my name on the U.S Patent: P64303-US01
- Designed and implemented Amazon Care’s first chat architecture serving customer-clinician chats for over 2 years
- Developed Video Quality opinionated scoring framework and tooling to generate scores of every second of every video call
- Developed Video Quality validation framework and reported findings and vision to senior leaders and Amazon VPs
- Lead and/or assisted over 8 feature security reviews as an AWS Security Guardian
- Compiled shared Cloud Infrastructure package utilizing AWS AppSec’s best practices to reduce start up time and streamline deployment of new Amazon Care web applications by 85%
- Designed baseline testing framework for comparing video quality between different video architecture and platforms, driving metrics to make informed decisions of technology to adopt in order to prevent regression of video quality over time
Frontend Engineer @ Amazon Care
2018 - 2021
VueJS, React, GraphQL, TypeScript, NodeJS, Serverless, AWS, AWS Cognito, WebRTC, ElectronJS, Java, Python, and Vuex.
VP Engineering @ Dermveda
2016 - 2018
My role was planning, designing, and implementing multiple
web based platforms with focus on robust and scalable systems.
Moved 90% of microservices to serverless to cut Cloud Services cost
Increased SEO by 60% by moving to an Isomorphic/Universal design
- Added support for offline capabilities using Service Workers
- Increased Lighthouse score by 50%
- Interviewed, trained, and hired company's first Engineering team
ReactJS, NodeJS, MongoDB, AWS, Redux, StripeJS, AngularJS, and
Full Stack Developer @ Health Financial Systems
2014 - 2016
My role was to be a contributing member to the web development team
and to build mass data translating and reporting tools.
- Increased UX/CX by integrating Ajax services.
- Converted sites to be responsive and mobile friendly
- Optimized SQL queries for faster and larger reports
Built large data translation tools for mass third party data imports
Goodbye Electron, Hello Desktop PWAs
Okay maybe I am jumping the gun on this but this is some exciting
news to say the least!...
Many of us cringe at the cost of our cloud hosting fees...
PWA Asset Caching Strategies
Determining your caching strategies for assets in your PWA can be
somewhat of a ‘rabbit hole’...
Measuring Web Performance Tools 101
Measuring performance is a tricky feat. and can sometimes be a tad
overwhelming finding out where to start. I have compiled a list of
React Isomorphic/Universal Apps w/NodeJS
When it comes to Single Page Applications SEO becomes a common
“Work It” featuring Service Workers
Service Workers are gaining some serious traction and their role
in Progressive Web Apps is a crucial one...
Web Components, Web's Dirty Secret
Okay maybe not a secret…Web components are awesome and just not
used as often as they should be. Sometimes we grab on to a
GraphQL Remote Stitching w/NodeJS
Micro-services have been gaining popularity because of their
awesome architecture to modularize services and provide a movement
away from monolithic applications...
Sac JS Service Workers
Service Workers are revolutionizing how our web applications feel
in comparison to native applications...
Web Performance Metrics Everyone Should Care About
Web Performance metrics can sometimes be a bit arbitrary and
diluted by sheer volume. It is important that we call out the
Health 2.0 Presentation
My team won 2nd place at Google's Startup Weekend and were given
the opportunity to present at Health 2.0.
Comstock's Startup of the Month
Dermveda was nominated 'Comstock's Startup of the Month' in
Server-less applications can be a nightmare to maintain and
Parking Lot Reservation Project
Parking lot reservation manager built on ExpressJS, AngularJS, and
Web Sockets. This project was meant to run on 3 different iOT
devices such as raspberry Pi's...
A social experiment anonymous chatroom built on ExpressJS,
ReactJS, Bootstrap, and Web Sockets. This project was deployed on
Physical Web Beacons and used to strike up conversations with
Squiid Group Pay on React Native
Squiid is a hackathon project written in about 15 hours in React
Native. I was responsible for writing the mobile application while
my cohort wrote the restful api. Squiid is a group pay transaction